EARLS COURT ARTS HUB

Theme for September 2013 - TRUST

Theme for October 2013 - MOTIVES




-----------------------------------------------------------

POEMS WILL BE DISPLAYED ONLINE ON OUR BLOG AND ON OUR WALL AT:

EARLS COURT ARTS HUB
1A NEVERN PLACE
EARLS COURT
LONDON
SW5 9NR



-----------------------------------------------------------



poetswindow@yahoo.co.uk




Virtues by Anissa

7 Heavenly Virtues by Anissa Ladjemi


His kite fly’s over the shanty town
Wind blows it high into the dusty sky.

Boy walks in, dark eyes looking big and sad
Can I ask you a favour?
My mummy’s feeling sad
Has lost her faith
Not been this bad since my brother died
She’s sick, bed bound

Could you make her feel better?
You know what it is like to suffer
Me suffer says the child born into poverty?
Oh love you have been through enough
I blink to stop my eyes welling up

So I write this letter in the vain hope
That you can take comfort from my words
In your hour of need
I fear we may be lost in translation my dear?

Different people from other sides of the world
I’m English you’re Portuguese
I don’t want to patronize you
So bear with me please.

I’m nervous don’t know where to start
What I am trying to say is this everything happens for a reason
For all the physical things you cannot do
You make up for it in other ways.

Gives you an inner strength
You’re Beautiful inside and out
It makes you strong brave and unique
Don’t you ever forget that?

Life is hard, and you want to give up, your only human
Ignore those who turn their head away who are too blind to see
The beauty that’s in you and me

Draw hope from those around you
Your loving family, wonderful son whatever it is that brings you peace
The respect you deserve and the courage to carry on?
I have faith in you I know you can

I’ll stop rambling maybe these fumbling words are of no use?
But I promised your little boy I would.
When he talks of his mummy his eyes shine bright
He will always make you proud.

His kite fly’s over the shanty town
Wind blows it high into the dusty sky.

Tags: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment