EARLS COURT ARTS HUB

Theme for September 2013 - TRUST

Theme for October 2013 - MOTIVES




-----------------------------------------------------------

POEMS WILL BE DISPLAYED ONLINE ON OUR BLOG AND ON OUR WALL AT:

EARLS COURT ARTS HUB
1A NEVERN PLACE
EARLS COURT
LONDON
SW5 9NR



-----------------------------------------------------------



poetswindow@yahoo.co.uk




Seize the Day by Rae Louise Jones

To Be
By Rae Louise Jones

Am I locked inside this cage,
Or am I here by choice?

If I stay:
I can keep the feasts and riches
Showered down on me by the Gods

If I escape:
I can explore new lands and territories,
I will have a tale to tell

I had the strength to bend and break the bars,
But do I have the strength to leave?
I stand here at the border,
Neither trapped nor free,
A leopard never changes its spots, they say,
But mine are changing all the time

I stand here at the border,
A sultry feline silhouette,
The people who come to see me through the bars
Carry themselves around
Like pieces of old junk
But I look down at my body,
And see my spots evolving
Into precious jewels scaling my skin

I stand here at the border,
Clawing away at the surface,
Ready to make a move…
For I know what it means To Be

Tags: ,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

One who has srength to bend and break the bars, Has also have the stength to leave!

U have done it again. convinced me.
The stregth is there but do u c it yet!!

Love U & Love Ur Poems.

Melek xxx

Post a Comment