EARLS COURT ARTS HUB

Theme for September 2013 - TRUST

Theme for October 2013 - MOTIVES




-----------------------------------------------------------

POEMS WILL BE DISPLAYED ONLINE ON OUR BLOG AND ON OUR WALL AT:

EARLS COURT ARTS HUB
1A NEVERN PLACE
EARLS COURT
LONDON
SW5 9NR



-----------------------------------------------------------



poetswindow@yahoo.co.uk




Mirror by Justine

You’re My Mirror

Telling lies, that I’m okay
No conscience
Exact, I think,
Always reflective
Of the outside
Only in segments
Portions,
In Stages 123
Unless in full length

The cracked mirrors
More revealing
More accurate
Maybe,
Like a rippled lake
Trying to show
More depth

Mirrored,
No warmth,
Cold and hard
You’re shallow, flat
A copycat

You stare at
Off white walls
Magnolia,
Chip wood
And doors
All sorts
Hallways and stairs

Sometimes you catch me
In passing
In reflection
I see you,
I smile and
You smile back
I cry and
You reply
Simultaneously,
With tears

I bleed and
You copy
I laugh, but its
Not funny
I’m only laughing
on the outside
But you don’t know that
Cos your
Only a mirror

You don’t have ears
But you hear everything,
You’re not nosey
Just very aware,
One-dimensional.
You take the stance
Of face value

Cold,
Smooth,
You have
No other option,
You don’t smell
Or record
You’re just a voyeur

Your taste is of
The moment
The seconds
The minute

No record
No memory
Only the present
No worries

But you have
Something special
Like a cat,
You can see
In the dark



Justine McLaughlin

Tags: ,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really loved your poem. It flowed beautifully and reminded me somehow of Murakami's writing (prose) despite me never having read any of his poetry. And believe me this is a mega-compliment.

zzzzpoetAaron Flynn

Post a Comment