EARLS COURT ARTS HUB

Theme for September 2013 - TRUST

Theme for October 2013 - MOTIVES




-----------------------------------------------------------

POEMS WILL BE DISPLAYED ONLINE ON OUR BLOG AND ON OUR WALL AT:

EARLS COURT ARTS HUB
1A NEVERN PLACE
EARLS COURT
LONDON
SW5 9NR



-----------------------------------------------------------



poetswindow@yahoo.co.uk




City by Anissa

Can I Apologize?

I’m sorry miss for taking the piss

Where do I start how do I explain?
A lot of things went wrong
Joined a gang just to fit in, it started as a game doing drugs
then got caught with possession getting wasted became an obsession.

Not so tough when I was in prison
Crying at night but nobody listened
No longer a person just a thing, a number, you loose all of your being
Night after night cell slams shut, what can I do, never thought id end up a screw.

Always hated this city
Saw it as my prison
now looking through the iron bars
City lights beaming down
I see it as my freedom now.

Made myself bleed just to feel alive
A release from all the pain inside
No words to express the thoughts in my head

Miss you said you were sick of excuses
That self pity got you nowhere
Bitterness does you no good
Be responsible for all that you’ve done.

The city station clock strikes 12
You’re waiting for the train
Miss I had to tell you the news
Breaking the prison rules.

Got a job, got clean, doing all right
Turned the darkness into light
Decided to bin that knife, to get on with life
Can I apologize?

I’m sorry for my aggression
For throwing that chair
You must have been really scared
You see I never got over the abuse in care.

You smiled and said you were proud
So happy I’d found my way
I’m sorry miss for taking the piss

Tags: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment