EARLS COURT ARTS HUB

Theme for September 2013 - TRUST

Theme for October 2013 - MOTIVES




-----------------------------------------------------------

POEMS WILL BE DISPLAYED ONLINE ON OUR BLOG AND ON OUR WALL AT:

EARLS COURT ARTS HUB
1A NEVERN PLACE
EARLS COURT
LONDON
SW5 9NR



-----------------------------------------------------------



poetswindow@yahoo.co.uk




City by Paula Greene

City


Tall buildings and dirty pavements
Pigeons smothered in congestion fumes
Commuters pushing and shoving their
Way to work
But somewhere in this mêlée
I saw you

I took in your magnitude
You stood out
You brushed past me as you walked past
I turned round to look
And you were looking too
With a wry smile on your face
And then you were gone
Swallowed up by our big lonely city…

I knew you were out there
And I had to find you again
The city could not hide you forever
And it was only a matter of time before we were together

Every night you go back to her
I never expect anything different
But I am just happy I met you
In our bustling city
You came to me
You held my hand
And looked into my eyes
You kissed my face
And then I knew
I had finally found my love…

Tags: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment